I am a 3 Star Diamond Beachbody Coach and I was SO excited to get an email saying I was going to be featured on the 21 Day Fix Facebook Page for my before and after pictures. Then I got an opportunity to audition to be a part of the 21 Day Fix infomercial!
So here is part of my submission video, where I am showing you how to make a delicious 21 Day Fix Approved Taco Salad!!
Baby Lettuce/Spinach Blend
Diced Red Onions
Diced Red, Yellow, and Orange Bell Peppers
Corn (I boiled 2 cobs and cut it off)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
All you need is boneless, skinless chicken breasts!
...and a pot, and water!
I used 3 chicken breasts, about a pound. Cut off any excess fat.
Boil for about 20 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
Let cool for a few minutes, and then shred. I just use two forks!
Then you get to add your seasoning!!
**check out the Taco Seasoning that I started making after my friend Allison showed me how!! She has been awesome at showing me how to become "Chef Shannon" !!
Whole Wheat Tortillas, Tortilla Strips or Tortilla Bowls
Makes about five 6-7" tortillas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- In a medium bowl, combine together the flour and salt. Add the olive oil and water, stir to combine, forming a wet dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel, and allow to rest for about 20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- After resting dough, place on a lightly floured surface, divide into 5 pieces. Roll each into a ball. Set aside.
- Heat an un-greased skillet over medium high heat. On the lightly floured surface, roll out each ball of dough. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F if you're making taco bowls!
- You can either make tortillas, tortilla strips, or taco bowls!
- Roll each ball out to a thin round shape
- Tortillas: Transfer to skillet and cook for about 1 minute, flip and cook 2nd side for about 30 minutes.
- Tortilla Strips: Slice with a knife into strip slices, and add to pan, turning constantly until crisp.
- Taco bowls: Use muffin tins, upside down, or on a cookie sheet, use small mason jars. Coat lightly with non-stick spray (I use EVOO spray). Drape tortillas over and bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and a little crispy. (Whole wheat is a little more dense and darker as it is, so watch it and don't let it burn!)